The leaf, seeds and stem of celery can be eaten. It has lots of health benefits as it contains flavonoid, phenolic compounds which have powerful antioxidant characteristics. Celery also contains fiber, sodium, potassium, vitamins C, vitaminA, vitaminK, folate.
1.Constipation & Digestive Disorders- Celery is a good source of insoluble fiber, which acts as a bulking agent in the gut and helps to prevent constipation and other digestive problems.
2. Cardiovascular health- Celery reduces oxidative stress, which indirectly reduces blood pressure. The natural nitrate found in celery also helps to reduce blood pressure. The flavonoid & phenolic compounds & insoluble fiber affect lipid metabolism and reduces the chances of heart diseases.
3. Anti-Inflammatory Properties- Due to its antioxidant properties, it helps in reducing acute and chronic inflammatory diseases like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, bronchitis, asthma, gout, Crohn’s disease, leaky gut.
4. In Improving Sleep and Overall Brain Health- Celery have neuroprotective properties. It modulates sleep cycle. On the other hand, it enhances memory by slowing down neuronal death.
5. Celery juice is a good choice for managing Alzheimer’s disease, memory loss (dementia), and neurodegenerative disorders.
6. Reduces Liver Damage And Diseases- The antioxidant & anti-inflammatory compounds in celery removes toxins from our body so it reduces stress on liver.
7.On Our Skin and Hair - Celery contains is 95 percent water. It keeps our body hydrated and keeps our skin and hair healthy. It aids hair growth too. It may also help in clearing acne, blemishes, and pimples due to its antioxidant properties.
8. Works as a Diuretic and Maintains Kidney Health- Celery juice has diuretic properties as it contains sodium and potassium which act as the regulators of our body fluid. It prevents urinary tract infections.
Celery leaf extracts can restore minerals and water lost in the urine. It also helps to excrete undesirable calcium deposits in our body through urine & prevents kidney stones, gallstones.
9. Aid in Weight Loss: Because of its insoluble fiber, whole celery may help in maintain a healthy weight.
How to consume: Juice can be prepared from celery or it can be added in smoothies or salads. Celery stems can be added in dals.
In case of any related query to healthy nutrition or weight loss book an online appointment with Dt. Silky Mahajan. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 7829999400 between 10:00 AM IST - 7:00 PM IST (Mon - Sat).